S I N G U L A R | custom_classics ©
At SINGULAR we restore and customise classic cars, in a unique and bespoke manner. Mechanically upgraded with enhanced performance but retaining all the period correct modifications.
Project #001, nicknamed “GT 1500”, is based on a 1955 Volkswagen Oval window Beetle, painstakingly restored and retaining all its original characteristics with no irreversible modifications made. The inspiration for this project comes from the iconic 1955 Porsche 356A 1500 GS Carrera GT, from which all the styling queues are retained and faithfully reproduced to suit this project, enhanced with mechanical and period correct parts.
Simplify, then add lightness.– Colin Chapman –
Project #001 . GT 1500
All pictures are examples of cars and parts we will use for this project, all rights to respective owners.
A small description
Chassis | Floorpan fully restored with the following mechanical mods:
- Tuned 1500cc Porsche 356 engine with Weber carburettors and lightened flywheel, 4 in 1 custom-built Sebring exhaust pipe
- Front Oil Cooler
- Four speed Porsche 356A gearbox
- Porsche 356A vented brake drums system
- ATE Master brake cylinder
- Stainless steel racing grade brake lines
- Fully adjustable front and rear suspensions with Bilstein shocks all-round
- Front and rear Anti roll bars
- Custom-built 80 litres Aluminium petrol tank
- Black powder coated Street/Race Roll cage
- 4 point seat-belts
- Speedster seats upholstered in Alcantara/leather with basket weave carpet
- Custom-built wood shifter knob
- 15″ Lemmerz Steel/Aluminium wheels (w/rear spacers) painted deep blue, with Avon CR6ZZ tyres installed
- Electrical 12 volt conversion with rear LED Stop/Turn signal for safety
Body | Fully striped and restored
- Original body painted in Metallic Silver with Rag top in Sand colour
- Side and rear Perplex glass for weight saving with securing rivets
- Custom-built aluminium bonnet, doors and engine lid with extra air inlets
- Talbot Berlin side rearview mirror
- Headlight stone guards grills
- Bonnet leather straps
- Exterior SINGULAR gold badging
- S.E.V. Marchal 640 extra lights
- 15″ Les Leston wood steering wheel
- Custom-built speedometer, rev counter and fuel gauge
- Side window leather lifting strap
- Interior upholstery in high quality leather with original headliner
- SINGULAR badging with unique project numbering information
“One Off”A unique and bespoke numbered and badged project with our own SINGULAR manufacturer plate.
In the works _ Project #002 & 003, custom-built ’69 BMW 2002 and Alfa Romeo 1600 GT respectively.
2019 . S I N G U L A R | custom_classics © . We reserve the right to alter any specifications at any time, and without prior notice.